What if I am Injured in a Single-Car Accident?

Many auto accidents are single-car accidents.  These types of accidents can occur in many different situations.  Some examples include:  hitting an animal, backing into an object, running off the road, or hitting a pedestrian.  Usually, if you are the driver in a single-car accident, your only chance of being compensated for injuries or damage is to look to your own insurance coverage.  If you have  collision or comprehensive insurance coverage, these should pay for your damages/injuries.

NWA Car Accident Attorney Logo 1200 x 630

However, if you are a passenger involved in a single-car collision, you may be able to get compensation for your injuries.  A passenger may make a claim even if the driver they were riding with was at fault and there were no other cars involved.  There is an important exception–most insurance policies prevent a passenger from making a claim if an immediate family member (or member of the same household) was driving.  If the driver has no insurance, or not enough insurance to cover your injuries, a passenger may be able to use their own under insured or uninsured motorist coverage.  The intricacies of insurance coverage can be confusing, and you may not know if you are getting true answers from the insurance company or companies involved.  You need a lawyer to help you understand what coverage you may have and ensure that you are not left owing medical bills that you cannot pay.

Some people may feel that they do not want to make a claim against a friend’s insurance, even if their friend caused the accident that injured them.  However, consider this.  Your friend’s insurance is almost certain to increase because they caused an accident.  For this reason, making a claim does not cause them any more trouble or cause their insurance to increase any more than if you did not make an injury claim.  Utilizing all auto insurance coverage could keep you from facing stacks of bills that you cannot afford to pay.

If you have been injured through no fault of your own, please call Anna or Sean at (479) 621-0006 so that we can help you with your claim.

Choose Us For Your Personal Injury Case


We Will Fight For You!

Let Us Get The Compensation You Deserve