Dealing with motorcycle accidents in Arkansas becomes devastating regardless of how serious they are. A crash can lead to serious life-altering physical injuries. The risk of fatality is very high in motorcycle crashes. Apart from physical injuries, you will be facing mounting medical bills. Due to injuries you might not be able to work, this will add up to your financial burden. As motorcyclists are less protected, they tend to receive serious injuries including internal bleeding, fracture, traumatic brain injuries, and permanent disabilities.
In 2019, around 5,014 motorcyclists died in tragic road accidents. This included both minor and fatal collisions. Motorcyclists receive more fatal injuries than passenger car occupants. There are no seatbelts, airbags, or steel cages in a motorcycle to protect the rider. An accident can occur at any time and to anyone. Some places and certain road conditions are prone to accidents. In Arkansas, the commonplace for motorcycle accidents is often at the intersections.
Intersections & Motorcycle Accidents in Arkansas:
More than half of the motorcycle accidents in Arkansas occur at an intersection. At intersections, everyone has to pay close attention to determine the right of way. You can actively identify low-profile motorcyclists who may be approaching. Motorcyclists are often injured in several ways at an intersection.
Left Turning Cars:
The majority of the intersection accidents are from left-turning vehicles. If your car is stopped at an intersection and you are waiting to turn left and you do not recognize a motorcyclist approaching, it could result in a deadly accident. Left turning vehicles are extremely dangerous for oncoming motorcyclists. If you do not notice them, you will be in the path of an oncoming motorcyclist. Such crashes result in severe injuries. It is essential to pay attention and concentrate on the traffic to avoid left-turning accidents.
When motorcyclists are at the stop sign or red light, they are vulnerable to accidents. Motorcyclists can suffer injuries due to rear-end accidents. A sudden collision can become fatal for motorcyclists as motorcycles do not have a bumper to protect them. The impact of the collision is directly sustained by a biker. The impact may also throw them off the vehicle towards oncoming traffic. These accidents are life-threatening.
Head-on collisions can occur anywhere in Arkansas. Head-on collisions have serious consequences. These accidents usually occur when one or both vehicles stray from their designated path and collide with each other. There could be several reasons why a head-on collision occurs. Often driver’s negligence is the main cause of head-on collisions. A driver can exhibit negligent behavior for many reasons, following are the most common reasons:
- Driving under the influence; This leads to criminal and civil charges
- Opening the car door of a parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Rear-end accidents due to sudden stop, or following too closely
- Speeding is a leading cause of motorcycle accidents, it reduces your chance to effectively respond to road situations in time; the higher the speed, the greater the impact and the more severe, the consequences
- While changing lanes, a driver may fail to check the blind spot resulting in a collision with a motorcyclist
- A poorly manufactured motorcycle leads to motorcycle defects that can cause accidents; you can hold the manufacturers liable for the injuries
- Inexperienced drivers are a safety hazard for everyone on the road.; they tend to make unsafe moves that can compromise the safety of motorcyclists
- Road Conditions such as debris, potholes, crumbling pavement, and lack of signs increase the chances of a motorcycle accident
- If a person drives between two lanes of traffic it is called lane splitting; this is dangerous for inexperienced riders
Common Intersections in Your Area:
Every area has dangerous intersections that drivers need to be careful about, you should be aware of these intersections to keep yourself safe. These intersections could be dangerous for any rider due to a lack of safety, proper signs, and indications. Some common intersections in your area include:
- Little Rock
- Hot Springs
Get in Touch with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Arkansas:
Motorcycle accidents in Arkansas are very common. If you or someone you know suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, know your legal rights through a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney. Our attorneys will assist you throughout the case from evidence gathering, documentation, and negotiations to filing a lawsuit. Our attorneys have the expertise to strengthen your case and attain a successful outcome.