Did you know a person dies in a car crash somewhere in the world every 24 seconds? Did you also know that 6 million car crashes occur in the US every year?
Car crashes can cause traumatic, even fatal, injuries to anyone, and the residents of Arkansas are no exception. In 2019, Arkansas had a total of 59,076 car accidents, resulting in thousands of injuries. Arkansas car accident lawyers assist injured victims daily with the legal process following a car crash.
But what causes Arkansas car accidents? What are the most common injuries? Why is it beneficial to hire an Arkansas car accident lawyer, and what questions should you ask them?
Read on and discover why hiring an Arkansas car accident attorney is the best legal route to take following a car collision.
Car Accident Statistics
In 2019, approximately 38,800 people died in car accidents in the United States, equivalent to 106 people per day. But how many accidents caused injuries? The following US car crash statistics list sheds light on why hiring a car accident lawyer may be the best route to take.
- 3 million car crash injuries occur annually
- Of the annual 3 million car crashes injuries, 2 million results in permanent injuries
- 1,060 people suffer injuries in crashes caused by distracted driving.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 5 and 29.
- Wearing a seatbelt cuts the risk of serious injury by 50%.
In 2018, Arkansas had a population of approximately 3,039,000. Of the population, 516 people perished in traffic collisions, 71 of which resulted from intersection accidents. In 2019, Arkansas had a total of 59,076 car accidents that caused over 70,000 injuries.
From 2014 to 2020, Arkansas car crashes in the following Benton and Washington County cities, serviced by NWA Car Accident Attorney, resulted in:
- Fayetteville: 2,807 crashes, six deaths
- Springdale: 1,987 crashes, four deaths
- Rogers: 1,283 crashes, 2 deaths
- Bentonville: 8 crashes, five deaths
- Siloam Springs: 3 crashes, three deaths
Fayetteville, Springdale, and Rogers rank among the top eight cities for the most car crashes in Arkansas.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Arkansas
The most common causes of Arkansas car accidents include:
- Alcohol impairment
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to yield
Most Common Car Crash Injuries in Arkansas
Whether sideswiped, rear-ended, or hit head-on, car crashes result in numerous types of injuries for thousands of people worldwide. But the most common car crash injuries in Arkansas include the following:
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spring cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Chest injuries
Signs You Need to Hire an Arkansas Car Accident Attorney
After a car crash, your world may turn upside down, especially if you suffered an injury. You may face the decision of whether to pursue legal action against those responsible for the collision. But how do you know if the legal route is the right one to take? What signs indicate you need to hire an Arkansas car accident attorney?
First, you would want to work with a car crash lawyer if you went to the hospital for critical injuries. Another indicator you may need an attorney is if additional persons suffered injuries.
If the insurance, police, or medical reports have contradictory information or discrepancies, hiring a lawyer would be the route to go.
If there is a disagreement involving liability, or if you experienced emotional suffering or lost companionship, hire an Arkansas car accident attorney.
If the traffic collision injury occurred on an unsafe road or other hazardous municipal zones, an Arkansas car crash lawyer could help.
But what are the benefits of hiring an Arkansas car accident attorney?
Benefits of Hiring an Arkansas Car Crash Lawyer
There are many benefits of hiring a traffic collision attorney. Not only will they do the necessary legwork, so you do not have to, but by hiring them, it will give you a chance to focus on recovering from the injuries you sustained in the accident.
Additional benefits of hiring an Arkansas car accident attorney include:
- An attorney will prevent you from settling too early.
- An attorney will prevent you from giving damaging statements.
- An attorney will collect all pertinent evidence.
- They will calculate and negotiate the settlement.
- They will protect you from third-party “scare tactics.”
- An attorney will determine liability.
- They will guide you through the legal process.
- An attorney will assess the factors in your case.
- They will ensure your car accident claim files timely.
Car accidents can cause people to feel overwhelmed, anxious, stressed, or even scared. But the lawyers at NWA Car Accident Attorney, available 24/7, offer a 100% free consultation and will not charge you a dime unless they win your car accident case. Contact their office now!